contact me

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Blog Post 3

Peer reviewing and editing is crucial in a learning environment, and benefits both parties. While coming up through high school I never really understood why we would look at each others papers and edit them, now I realize how much that has helped me since I am going to be a teacher. One major instance that everyone should try and avoid when peer editing is using harsh comments, we are trying to help each other not tear some one else down because of their work. When peer editing there are three things a person should try to do suggestions, corrections, and compliments.

2 comments:

  1. Hunter, good job on pointing out the 3 cardinal rules of peer editing. Although the main focus of the videos and slideshow was to teach us to remain positive while editing the work of our peers it also informed us of how important it is to correct errors, even if it is an area that most editors try to avoid. When making suggestions it is important to be specific about areas of concern. The slideshow provided excellent examples of how effectively provide feedback.


    Also, the instructions for this blog post did state to write at LEAST 2 summary paragraphs detailing what you learned from the information presented. For future assignments, I would try to adhere as closely to the documented instructions as possible to ensure the best possible score when it is time to be evaluated at the end of the semester. Also, I did notice a few grammatical errors, I have included a few suggestions as to how to correct these errors. First, you can replace "try and avoid" with "try to avoid". Second, you can replace " While coming up through high school" with "While attending high school". I enjoy reading the blogs of my classmates and I am happy to offer suggestions about what I feel could have been better, I welcome the same constructive criticism on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As previously stated, it is important to follow all instructions for the blog post assignments. Please review Writing a Quality Blog Post. You also need to include at least one picture and working link for every blog post.

    ReplyDelete