contact me

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Blog post 12

For this blog post I chose to write this blog post based on working with blind children. As a teacher it can sometimes be difficult to deal with kids with special needs and abilitys. When working with blind children, one thing I found is screen magnification. This can help students who aren't totally blind. This can be used on the smart board. The next piece of technology is a screen reader, this is used for students can literally touch the screen and the words will be read to them. This can be very useful for students in a large class room or in a one on one basis. The next piece I found is a portable notebook. This can be used by students at any point and they are in braille and when touched the words are spoken out loud to the students. These are just a few of the many ideas that I would incorporate into my classroom in the future.
Citation: http://adaptivetech.tcnj.edu/resheet/blind.htm

1 comment:

  1. Hunter very good post! BUT you need to be able to access that link through your blog and have a title to your picture! I can help you with this as part of our final project :) glad your picking up though!

    ReplyDelete